Here are some tips for finding success as an entrepreneur:
- “Find your passion.” You are going to spend so much time on your business, you’d better like what you’ll be doing. Entrepreneurs work more hours, not less. They live and breath their business because it is also their passion.
- “Find the right people.” You can’t do it alone. Find those that can help you and who can support you. Get a business coach. Learn from those who have gone before you.
- “Don’t be afraid to learn.” As you begin, there will be many things you do not know. Don’t hesitate to learn the answers. Look it up. Read. Take a college class. Talk to others who are successful. Find a business coach.
- “Failure is not an option.” Entrepreneurship is full of learning curves, set backs, frustrations. The entrepreneur sees all of these as opportunities to move to the next level. It takes resilience, grit, self-efficacy, and just plain determination.
- “Be grateful.” Gratitude is ENERGY! The more positive you are, the more things will just seem to work out. Doors will open that were not open before.
- “Let it work through you.” There are certain things you can control and many things you cannot. Let the business develop through you rather than by you. An entrepreneur is an artist of business. This will allow it to become something better than you could have imagined.
— Randy Oakley