But more than anything, they taught us how to think differently. How to think like businessmen. How to have confidence. How to succeed.
We learned the following:
- Wow, starting a business is awesome!
- It’s harder than any of us thought.
- When you business coach suggest, “do this”, they mean it.
- Coaches never really tell you what to do, they just guide you through the process. Listen closely. They have already been through starting their own business.
- Dream big! But too big too fast can go against you. In our ground funding efforts, we went for $500,000 when we only needed $50,000. That hurt us. We also needed to share our product instead of just telling a story.
- Where are we today? Some would say we failed because we are not in business today. But what we learned and where we are today is such a blessing!
- At 21 to 22 years old, all of us have over $12,000 “attitude money” in our savings accounts and live a debt free life.
- We both agree, listen closely to those who have built successful businesses before. Seems simple, but somehow, we thought we knew better than our business coaches at the time.
- Never stop dreaming. A perceived failure is exactly what you need to succeed.
- Our business coaches taught us how to network, how to buy direct from China and how to avoid middlemen, how to raise money, how to market, how to form a legal business, etc. But more than anything, they taught us how to think differently. How to think like businessmen. How to think like innovators. How to have confidence. How to succeed.